Wednesday 23 February 2011

Terror and Laughter...and more 'work'

So, half term has been upon us now for half of a week, and the amount of work left is scaring me. I am completely sincere.


Life has been fairly good since my last post. Both Performance Workshop performances done, and went rather well, if I do say so myself. As for the other groups: storytelling i missed two of but the Gruffalo was high-larious and obscene, if a little sweary, thank you a certain field mouse (tehe). Overall worried me about the quality of ours. Macbeth, I think, was one of the best times we've done it, and or audience response was very good (thanks guys :D). The other Macbeth was frankly TERRIFYING! If I was to show you roughly how long it would take for your heart to come back down to normal rate, it would be roughly comparable to this: imagine that your mother, accompanied by the Grim Reaper, walked in on you masturbating when you were, say, 13 years old and yelled "HEATHEN, THOU HAST OFFENDED OUR TRUE LORD!' and came at you with Grimmy-Boys scythe. Not a likely situation, granted, but scary none the less. Well done Macbeth, witches group.


Then came the joy of half term arriving. A joy of many days of procrastination (see Sunday, 13th February: Procrastination - Fuel of the Nation). Saturday was easy - work, Sunday I'll get to later, and Monday I was in London with the exceptional bunch of people I call my NYT friends. That was a day involving singing folk-ified hymns in Camden Market and dancing with Hare Krishners. Fun fun fun. I actually wrote an essay on Tuesday (I know, one whole day, one short essay. fail), and was in college today doing a lot of funding work. But I'm boring you, I'll move on.


Sunday. Now this you may be interested in: RUSSELL HOWARD at the O2. A few smaller details about him, he has been going to the gym, and you can tell, and included a Friends style Barker Lounger into his set seamlessly. The first time it seemed very rehearsed, but after that far more natural. He has managed to incorporate multimedia into his show quite well, but the thing you all want to know. 


Russell Howard is a size 18. 


He wore a, rather lovely, pink thong throughout the second half. Apparently bought in La Senza. Howard is a man very ready to repeatedly show off his thong to a stadium full of strangers multiple times. I have never known him be funnier or indeed more original. The involved many more Boris jokes - but a much dimmer view of him. Poor Boris. and a fair amount of silliness:


"THE NORWICH NINJA"


Yes, thats right, and straight from the news - a ninja who hurt his shoulder falling out of a tree, his finger doing acrobatics, and couldn't sneak up on  fox. I suggest you all wait obsessively, as i will be, until November for the DVD. you will actually piss yourselves. Maybe. 


You are all sad strange little people, and you have my pity, Farewell.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you went to camden?! My actuall fave place in the world! no joke! I'ts amazing and theres a restuarant where you eat whilst sat on a moterbike! (stationary of course)... I'm guessing that situation when you were 13 is true. It explains alot. ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camden is pretty damn cool :P Theres also an amazing stonebaked pizza place that does 10" pizza for £4.95 (fresh too). Blatantly true. not even the first time i met grim, we good mates now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. henry, ugly duckling was pure brilliance and nothing less!

    ReplyDelete